Denise and Louise talk about 10 things writers need to tell an editor when they get in touch for the first time to discuss a project.
Listen to find out more about:
- Word count
- File format
- Genre or subject
- Other rounds of editing
- The type of editing required
- Intended audience and where you’re publishing
- Time frame
- What else you’ve written
- Whether you can send a sample
- How you found your editor
Mentioned in the show
- The Editing Podcast, Point of view: On editing erotica. With editor Maya Berger
- The Editing Podcast, S1E1: The different levels of editing
- The Editing Podcast, S1E6: What is a sample edit?
- The Editing Podcast, S2E9: Writing and editing for the web. With Erin Brenner
The links above take you to The Editing Podcast website but you can catch up with any of the episodes on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Podchaser, or your preferred app.
Ask us a question
The easiest way to ping us a question is via Facebook Messenger: Visit the podcast’s Facebook page and click on the SEND MESSAGE button
Denise and Louise
‘Vivacity’ Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com). Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License