Denise and Louise talk with guest Sea Chapman about constructed languages, or conlangs.
Listen to find out more about:
- What is a constructed language, or conlang?
- The different types of conlang
- Tips for writers who want to include conlangs in fiction
- The rules of play
- Base languages sometimes and conlang creation
Resources mentioned in the show
- Email Sea Chapman (email@example.com) for handouts from her ACES 2018 presentation, ‘Conlangs: Languages with Stories to Tell’ or to request additional resources
- Language Creation Society
- Conlangs on Reddit
- Constructed Languages on Facebook
- ConWorkShop forum
- Conlangery podcast
- Iain Banks talks writing, world events and Mastermind (video)
- ‘A few notes on Marain by Iain M. Banks’
- Fabulosa!: The Story of Polari, Britain’s Secret Gay Language
- ‘What’s Polari?’
Ask us a question
The easiest way to ping us a question is via Facebook Messenger: Visit the podcast’s Facebook page and click on the SEND MESSAGE button.
Denise and Louise
‘Vivacity’ Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com). Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License.